Welcome to the Metason Max/MSP external objects download pages
This software is governed by the CeCILL license under French law and abiding by the rules of distribution of free software.
You can use, modify and/ or redistribute the software under the terms of the CeCILL license as circulated by CEA, CNRS, and INRIA at the following URL:
As a counterpart to the access to the source code and rights to copy, modify and redistribute granted by the license, users are provided only with a limited warranty and the software's author,
the holder of the economic rights, and the successive licensors have only limited liability.
In this respect, the user's attention is drawn to the risks associated with loading, using, modifying and/or developing or reproducing the software by the user in light of its specific status of free software,
that may mean that it is complicated to manipulate, and that also therefore means that it is reserved for developers and experienced professionals having in-depth computer knowledge.
Users are therefore encouraged to load and test the software's suitability as regards their requirements in conditions enabling the security of their systems and/or data to be ensured and, more generally,
to use and operate it in the same conditions as regards security.
The fact that you are presently reading this means that you have had knowledge of the CeCILL license and that you accept its terms.
All our externals, unless specified, should work with and
New : on 2013 november 18, a new release has been done. All DSP objects as well as s2m.wacomtouch have been compiled for Mac OSX, Win 32 bits, and Win 64 bits!
- s2m.resFS1~ implement a 2nd order digital resonator, using the method described by M. V. Mathews and J. O. Smith in their SMAC03 paper :
"Methods for synthesizing very high Q parametrically well behaved two pole filters,". Center frequency and damping can be changed without discontinuities problems. See the help patch for details.
download a zip archive of s2m.resFS1~, v 1.1, 2013-10-30
- s2m.sdf~ is a Spectral Delay Filter, or a cascade of 1st order dispersive allpass filters, allowing for interesting effects. See the help patch for details.
download a zip archive of s2m.sdf~, v 1.1, 2013-10-29
- s2m.envfollow~ is a simple enveloppe follower, based on an algorithm given in chapter 7 of U. Zölzer's book "Digital Audio signal Processing". See the help patch for detail.
download a zip archive of s2m.envfollow~, v 1.1, 2013-10-30
the s2m wacom objects
s2m.wacom is based upon the design of the wacom object, originally created by R. Dudas, then by J. M. Couturier.
It reports the location, pressure and other parameters of transducers on a Wacom™ Graphics Tablet. s2m.wacom works only with max 6 under OSX 10.6 or later.
s2m.wacomtouch gets the multitouch data from the Wacom™ tablets that support it. s2m.wacomtouch works with max 5 and max 6.
download a zip archive of s2m.wacom, v 1.03, 2013-10-29
download a zip archive of s2m.wacomtouch, v 1.0, 2013-10-29
- download a zip archive of the full set of externals (last update 2013-10-30)
- to send us a bug report, suggest improvements, or tell us about your use of these objects, send an Email